Interview: Streetboy Stretch
1) How long have you been doing what you’re doing and how did you get started in the first place? 6th grade, me and boy Trend (C.A. Brown) booked studio sessions on the same day with the same engineer! LOL!!! Every since then, it’s been on with the music. We had a dope time working in that studio. I put this music in overload about 4 years ago foreal.
2) Who were the first influences on your music and style?
Scarface, 2pac, Snoop Dogg, Outkast, Twista (The Whole Chicago really). Greatness influenced me really!
3) What would you say is the most challenging thing about being an independent artist? Funding everything as a full independent powerhouse. Budgets are definitely needed in this game.
4) What do you think is the biggest barrier an artist like yourself has to overcome, to gain commercial success? More content, and bigger imaging and platforms.
5) Who are the most influential independent artists to influence you? Master P & Wiz Khalifa. Im intrigued with both their stories and how they overcame it all. I Studied it and watched it.
6) What’s your biggest advice for other independent artists to step up their business? Tap in with important individuals, network and stay in contact with movers and shakers.
7) How important do you think touring and traveling is for independent artists in this day and age? Very important. Alot of people have to physically see you as well as see the overall hustle.
8) Do you have an upcoming project? If so, Tell us about it
Joint collab project with my homie Big Law called “Beacon Babies”, and I want to drop a EP after that.