Chicago artist Solo The Dweeb drops his first project of 2021! “FLAT” produced entirely by Jmixx & Rambo88, delivers 9 joints including “HBK” & “Tiffany” STREAM NOW!
Chicago artist Bowl King is back with a new visual for “Skillz” produced by Chase Davis. Visual shot by Toinne.
1) How long have you been doing what you’re doing and how did you get started in the first place? 6th grade, me and boy Trend (C.A. Brown) booked studio sessions on the same day with the same engineer! LOL!!! Every since then, it’s been on with the music. We had a dope time working in that studio. I put this music in overload about 4 years ago foreal.
2) Who were the first influences on your music and style?
Scarface, 2pac, Snoop Dogg, Outkast, Twista (The Whole Chicago really). Greatness influenced me really!
3) What would you say is the most challenging thing about being an independent artist? Funding everything as a full independent powerhouse. Budgets are definitely needed in this game.
4) What do you think is the biggest barrier an artist like yourself has to overcome, to gain commercial success? More content, and bigger imaging and platforms.
5) Who are the most influential independent artists to influence you? Master P & Wiz Khalifa. Im intrigued with both their stories and how they overcame it all. I Studied it and watched it.
6) What’s your biggest advice for other independent artists to step up their business? Tap in with important individuals, network and stay in contact with movers and shakers.
7) How important do you think touring and traveling is for independent artists in this day and age? Very important. Alot of people have to physically see you as well as see the overall hustle.
8) Do you have an upcoming project? If so, Tell us about it
Joint collab project with my homie Big Law called “Beacon Babies”, and I want to drop a EP after that.
Atlanta rapper Plugg of Break Em Off Music Group just released the music video for his futuristic single “2021”featuring Da Oracle. The single is available now on all platforms!
Newark, New Jersey artist Bakir Floyd just released his new single + music video “2AM”. Heartfelt and soothing, the single puts listeners in a lullaby sense of mind in which they daydream about the people they love as Floyd did for his women. Being both adept in singing and rapping, Bakir showcases versatility in the ability to make his feelings transparent in the art of music.
Recently in 2019, Bakir graduated from the University of Villanova with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. However, music was always in his genes with him being the son of James “Gotti” Floyd, who was signed to Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit. Inspired by his father’s drive and ability, he always had an innate desire to pursue music. He began mimicking his father’s musical path and learned how to sing, rap, and dance. Unfortunately, his father was arrested, and Floyd is left without him. During his senior year in college, he was more inspired than ever to fulfill his father’s ambition along with his. In a heartwarming moment, when Bakir graduated, his father was out in time to attend his graduation, and the two reunited! They vowed to be better men for their family. Bakir and James Floyd founded thier label Writrz Block as an ode to the promise.
ESC Deez releases the 420 inspired project “Grow House” stream now on all DSP’s and follow @ESCDeez
East side Chicago legend ESC Deez is back with new visuals and a slew of projects with the video “Tipspot 2” on today’s drop! Deez latest project “Grow House” is out now on all streaming platforms! Follow @ESCDeez
Rising Central Florida artist Blaze Bar$ drops the visual for “Drake Sing” The project “Make America Trap Again” is available on all platforms and the music video is out now on YouTube!